PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY.
BY USING THIS WEB SITE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
These terms and conditions of use may be changed in the future without prior notice.
Any misuse of eMeter resources that disrupts the normal use of the system is strictly prohibited. Such system abuse may lead to termination of the account. Examples of system abuse include, but are not limited to, spawning many processes that consume resources, consuming excessive amounts of disk storage or main memory or CPU for long periods of time, sending Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE/SPAM), etc.
What’s Not Allowed
The following violations of “netiquette” are grounds for immediate suspension of service pending investigation by eMeter and will result in termination of the account(s) if the investigation determines to have originated or transmitted these types of traffic:
- Also sending unsolicited mass emailings (i.e., to more than 10 users), known as Spam, which provoke complaints from the recipients.
- Engaging in Spamming from a provider other than eMeter and using an account on eMeter as a mail drop for responses or advertising a site hosted on eMeter in the Spam.
- Impersonating another user or otherwise falsifying one’s user name in email, Usenet postings, on IRC, or with any other Internet service. (This does not preclude the use of nicknames in IRC or the use of anonymous remailer services.)
- Users whose accounts are terminated for any infractions are also responsible for the cost of labor to cleanup and respond to complaints incurred by eMeter.
- Compilation and/or use of compiled code other than what is provided by eMeter is prohibited, unless prior agreement from eMeter.
- Hacking: Any attempts to penetrate eMeter security or to access another persons’ account or files will result in the termination of the account holder’s account without notice.
Account holder agrees to use eMeter web services only for lawful purposes. Transmission of any material in violation of any U.S. or state statute or regulation is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to copyrighted material, material legally judged to be threatening or obscene, or unauthorized transmission of material protected by a trade secret.
Except as otherwise indicated, all Web site materials, including but not limited to design, text, graphics, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof, are the copyright property of eMeter, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You may electronically copy and print hard-copy exercpts of this Web site only for non-commercial personal use, or non-commercial use within the organization that employs you, provided that the materials are not modified and all copyright or proprietary notices are retained.
“eMeter”, the eMeter logo and the products and services described in this Web site are either trademarks, trade names or service marks of eMeter. These may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the express prior written permission of eMeter. In addition, page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of eMeter.
This web site and the materials under this web site are provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied.
In no event shall eMeter be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages or any other damages of any kind, including but not limited to loss of use, loss of profits, or loss of data, whether in an action in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence ), or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this web site or the materials contained in, or accessed through, this web site.
Subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless eMeter from any claims resulting from subscribers’ use of the service that causes direct or indirect damage to the subscriber or another party.
Account holder agrees to indemnify and hold harmless eMeter from any and all lawsuits, judgments, decrees, costs and expenses, any attorney fees arising from the subscriber’s use of the services provided by eMeter.
eMeter reserves the right to update and change this policy at anytime. Any change to this policy will be transmitted to the primary contact for each customer.